Prepare his baggage
- Favour a big backpack or a supple baggage. You will not have occasion to use the wheels of your suitcase and it’s easier to transport in the 4×4.
- A little backpack for the visiting day. We suggest you to bring a waterproof backpack or cover to protect your materials in case of rain (rainy season in November to March), the same for your documents.
The document that you mustn’t forget:
- Your passport up to date
- Your international or national flight ticket
- Your repatriation insurance contract/cost of first assistance
- Your vaccination book not obligatory
- Your blood group if it’s possible
- April to October, bring warm clothes: a pullover or micro down jacket, trousers and sock and a scarf because night are fresh especially in “Hautes Terres”.
- Clothes for trekking and sport activities, generally: a pair of shoes where you are comfortable inside and raincoat if you have.
- Waterproof jacket like K-way or gore-tex.
- Your beach uniform, swimsuit, short or dress.
- A hat or a cap
- If you have still place, you can bring a denim pants to go to the restaurant or to walk in the street, a pair of tong and basket.
Medicines and hygiene:
- First aid-kit
- Sanitary towel or tampon for women, it’s difficult to find it there.
- Antibacterial product and wipe
- Anti-mosquito or lemongrass to protect you against the bite
- Solar cream with rather high sign ( minimum 30)
- A pair of sunglasses
- Biodegradable washing powder when you need washing clothes
- Camera to take fantastic souvenir. Camera with many lenses is better for animals. Now, there is good compact, easier to carry and discreet in a big town.
- Solar battery or spare battery to your camera
- Notebook and pencil to write your impression
- For adventurers who will sleep in bivouac: knife multi-function, flashlight, sleeping bag and why not inflatable pillow.